over 6 years ago
– Tue, Oct 04, 2016 at 12:51:56 AM
Hey all, yes, I've been off the face of the planet for awhile (again). The number of pans I have in the fire is really astronomical, but things will get better - especially on the Kickstarter front. You see, I now have a pair of extra hands. And I wanted to wait until those hands were trained and able to move stuff in a forward direction, and that day is here!
So, first things first. I've convinced my daughter, Sarah, to quit her day job and become my assistant. Until all the Kickstarter stuff is done, this will be her full-time job and you can reach her with questions at any time at this email address: [email protected].
So where do we stand.
1. Sarah found 29 posters that still hadn't gone out. These are largely "weird" orders like those with unsigned posters, or some poster/map combinations in foreign countries. I know there were a few US in there as well. She has them all packaged up and is making mailing labels now. So they should be going out in today.
2. She has also taken stock of all the t-shirts we have here as well as combing the database for people who still have shirts missing. We took care of most of these with the "second order" but it looks like we will need another. So I expect that order will be going in next week as I want to check over her spread sheet before placing as I really want this to be the last t-shirt order.
3. With those two tasks done, she is going to go through to make sure all the cups, keychains, and tote bags have been mailed. Again, about 95% of them have been but there are likely a few stragglers that we need to take care of. There are also some "digital only" reward people who need postcards and bookmarks so she'll be sending those out.
4. She is going to start working on the personalized ebooks - which will be a rather time consuming task, but has to get done so might as well get her on it.
5. I need to go through all the digital rewards (especially those that were added as part of the stretch goals and make sure they are in your download area. If you don't know where you download area is. Send an email to that address and Sarah will get it for you.
So that's where we stand with things...except I wanted to update everyone on The Jester comic - which has been moving right along and has been taking up a good deal of my time. So....we have a finished copy in that we have scoped out and created all 24 pages and inked all of them. Likewise, all the lettering is done. We have been getting colored pages in dribs and drabs and the last page I saw was page 10. It's looking really good. I have a printer all lined up and just as soon as we have the last page, we'll be going to press with it and that should be the last physical reward.
And with all that done, I wanted to pre-announce something you might be really excited to take part of. The Death of Dulgath is being adpted into a graphic novel by Dable Brothers Publishing and they will be running a Kickstarter for it starting THIS WEDNESDAY. The good news, is they will be responsible for fulfilling the rewards so you won't have to wait on slow old me if you do back it. Here are some pictures (yes these are older and the typo in it has been fixed, I don't have the updated version but I'm showing them here so you can an idea of what they look like.
Doesn't that look great!! Dable Brothers plans on launching this Kickstarter at 12:00 on Wednesday, and there will be a limited number of early bird savings of 20% off for people who get in early (100 people who order the ebook or paperback edition and 50 people for the hard cover eidton). Plus there are one-of-a-king things like getting the original drawings of the Jester artwork, or having your own face used as an inspiration for the characters in the comic. I'll be posting a private update on Wednesday just after the link goes live, so hopefully that'll give you the opportunity to get items first. I hope you are as excited about this as I am.